Learn centuries of accumulated herbal knowledge-The Wisdom of Our Herbal Elders, from a Womanist perspective.
Womanist Herbology Training Program is for Sistahs who are latent healers that choose to use the journey of Herbalism and other dynamic her-storical “Grown-Ass Women” to stimulate her Healer within using Herbs.
Women who desire to learn about & use herbs in an Empowering, Revolutionary, Earth-based, Sistah Circle, Sheroe-Style.
There has been a long, centuries old tradition of Women healing our families and communities with herbs.
Many of us have family stories of healing, but most of us, we have no specific legacy or knowledge on what to do beyond “Lemons, Garlic & Ginger” and maybe some whiskey.
Womanist Herbology completes the circle.
It Teaches you about Herbs, shows you how to use them and why it is important for Women to retain this traditional knowledge.
Time for you to Unleash your Womanist Healer in the tradition of taking back your traditional power as a Woman Healer!
Women are the most powerful beings on the Planet, they keep everyone alive…..
So, use your untapped power to heal…. and learn from the best…from a Womanist perspective.
Reconnect your understanding of our connection to the Earth, Moon and the Plants.
We Give honor to the Sistahs that were bold enough to be brave and try things that were against logic, polite society and patriarchy.
They were not given permission, they took it.
Give in to your positive reactions and your ability to create something necessary where there is nothing…
Recognize that we are all Healers and stimulate your Healer-self, because it helps you to heal while you heal others.
Connect to the Womanist tradition of connecting to creating things that are useful, that work, inspire and motivate.
And reject that which no longer serves us.
This work reveals our inner strength and fortitude to step back into a tradition universally designed to nourish us and our families.
Allow your expansive Womanist revolutionary self to arise and start expressing your other hidden super powers.
Register for Womanist Herbology Training Program and start your application process today!
You will learn:
- Foundations of Herbs
- Her-storical Womanist philosophy
- Seasons of Herbs
- The Moon Cycles & Seasons of a Woman w/Herbs
- Herbs for Women’s Cycles & Seasons
- Connection of Women, the Moon, Earth & Herbs
- Setting up your herbal Garden
- Companion Planting for Pests
- Using Herbs for Healing: Teas, Tonics, Creams, Poultices & Such
- Basic Anatomy
The Books (list) that you need will discussed at the registration interview.
Yes, short phone interview with Dr. HerbSistah going over your application.
Alice Walker’s Definition of a “Womanist” from In Search of Our Mothers’ Gardens: Womanist Prose. Copyright 1983.
1. From womanish. (Opp. of “girlish,” i.e. frivolous, irresponsible, not serious.) A black feminist or feminist of color. From the black folk expression of mothers to female children, “you acting womanish,” i.e., like a woman. Usually referring to outrageous, audacious, courageous or willful behavior. Wanting to know more and in greater depth than is considered “good” for one. Interested in grown up doings. Acting grown up. Being grown up. Interchangeable with another black folk expression: “You trying to be grown.” Responsible. In charge. Serious.
2. Also: A woman who loves other women, sexually and/or non sexually. Appreciates and prefers women’s culture, women’s emotional flexibility (values tears as natural counterbalance of laughter), and women’s strength. Sometimes loves individual men, sexually and/or non sexually. Committed to survival and wholeness of entire people, male and female. Not a separatist, except periodically, for health. Traditionally a universalist, as in: “Mama, why are we brown, pink, and yellow, and our cousins are white, beige and black?” Ans. “Well, you know the colored race is just like a flower garden, with every color flower represented.” Traditionally capable, as in: “Mama, I’m walking to Canada and I’m taking you and a bunch of other slaves with me.” Reply: “It wouldn’t be the first time.
3. Loves music. Loves dance. Loves the moon. Loves the Spirit. Loves love and food and roundness. Loves struggle. Loves the Folk. Loves herself. Regardless.
4. Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender.
More Good stuff on “Womanism”
Why is this training program important?
Our lens on Life is who we are, who we are raised to be, combined with our Life experiences and the foundation that we’ve been given to operate from.
Women of Color have a different lens on the world. And that needs to be acknowledged, celebrated and learned…. all of that and Herbs! So Empowering!!
See you in class, Dr. HerbSistah